Tuesday, February 7, 2012
Vinegar- The Unsung Hero of Every Household!
Did you know that vinegar has been around thousand years ago?This can be traced back to Biblical times and ancients very quickly uncovered its versatility. While records were not kept before 5000 BC, legend has it that the Sumerians of ancient Babylonia discovered its usage as a cleaning agent. They also found out that vinegar slows or stops action of bacteria that spoils food so they used it as a preservative. Excellent Sumerians right? Nowadays, vinegar continues to play a valuable role in society. With 1001 uses, this can really go a long way!Let me provide you a broad range of vinegar usage tips that are convenient to use and that really work. :-)
* Fight dandruff, by rinsing with vinegar and
2 cups of warm water, after shampooing.
* Remove fruit stains from hands. Rub with vinegar.
* Relieve arthritis. Before each meal, drink a
glass of water containing two teaspoons
Apple Cider Vinegar.
Give it at least three weeks to start working
* Relieve cough by mixing one-half cup Apple Cider
Vinegar, one-half cup water, one teaspoon cayenne
pepper, and four teaspoons honey.
Take one tablespoon when cough acts up.
Take another tablespoon at bedtime
* Get smoke smell out of clothes by addibng a cup of
vinegar to a bath tub of hot water.
Hang clothes above the steam
* Freshen up the washing machine. Clean the hoses
and unclog soap scum.
Once a month pour one cup of vinegar into the
washing machine and run the machine through a
normal cycle, without clothes
IN THE KITCHEN:
* A mixture of salt and vinegar will clean coffee
and tea stains from chinaware.
* Freshen vegetables. Soak wilted vegetables in
2 cups of water and a tablespoon of vinegar.
IN THE BATHROOM:
* Kill germs on bathroom fixtures by using one part
vinegar to one part water in a spray bottle.
Spray the bathroom fixtures and floor,
then wipe clean.
* Soap and stain build up can be removed from chrome
and plastic fixturesif they are cleaned with a
mixture of 1 teaspoon of salt and 2 tablespoons
of distilled vinegar.
* Eliminate animal urine stains from carpet. Blot
up urine with a soft cloth, flush several times
with lukewarm water, then apply a mixture of equal
parts vinegar and cool water. Blot up, rinse,
and let dry.
* Deter ants. Spray vinegar around door and window
frames, under appliances, and along other known
* Keep cats away. Sprinkle vinegar on an area to
discourage cats from walking,sleeping, or
scratching on it.
* Keep dogs from scratching ears. Clean the inside
of the ears with a soft cloth dipped in diluted
There it is everyone! May this help in your day to day basis. You can never really go wrong, vinegars are non-toxic, all-natural, economical and environmentally-friendly!